This is Insider’s Health TV. I’m your host, Randolph.
You’ve probably heard your kids talking about it and playing with it, and you’ve likely also found it in your carpet. Slime is not exactly a new trend among kids, having similarities to toys like Play-Dough, but the UK company “Which?” has found that slime breaks a lot of safety guidelines in the EU. As it turns out, slime usually contains a significant amount of the chemical boron. Excessive exposure to boron can cause irritation, diarrhea, cramps, and vomiting in the short run, even when it’s not ingested. Studies have also shown that excessive boron in the long run can cause birth defects and infertility. Which? tested eleven children’s slimes, and found that eight of them exceeded the standards for boron defined by the EU health division. The worst one had four times the permitted level.
Out of the eight slimes found to have excessive slime, all of them were available for purchase on Amazon. The three slimes that were shown to have safe levels of boron were HGI Goopy Slime from The Works, a Glam Goo Deluxe Pack from Smyths, and Planet Slime Shop’s Hulk Green Halloween Slime from Amazon. So keep an eye on what slimes your child might be playing with, assuming you aren’t already fed up with how messy it is.
This has been Insider’s Health TV. Remember to live happy, live healthy, and live in the know. Have a great day!
Featured Article: Natural Alkaloid “Out Tests” Morphine in Pain Test – Without Side Effects or Addiction