There is no denying that salt is important to our health and well-being. We cannot live without it. Every cell in our body depends on it. With so many varieties of salt available, and so many of us unaware of the differences between common table salt, sea salt and natural salt . . . how do we know which one is the healthiest choice?
Is Table Salt Poisonous?
Common table salt is chemically cleaned and refined. Because its natural minerals are believed to be impurities, most minerals are removed until it is reduced to just sodium and chloride. Due to this process, table salt becomes harmful to your body since it’s no longer in its natural state. In fact, it could be said that sodium chloride is actually poisonous to your body, which is why you crave water when you have too much salt in your system. Your body wants to flush out the excessive salt as soon as possible before it strains your excretive organs.
For every gram of sodium chloride that your body cannot dispose of, your body requires 23 times the amount of water to neutralize it. This steals the necessary cell water from other parts of your body. Your body then becomes weak and susceptible to many ailments like water retention, cellulite, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, and kidney and gallbladder stones.
Is Sea Salt a Scam?
Why are so many salt manufacturers adding “sea salt” to their product line when all salt is technically sea salt? When salt is white in color, it has been processed, regardless of whether it’s labeled “sea salt” or not. No matter how it’s labeled, white salt is salt with all of the sea minerals stripped from it. Natural salts are not naturally white in color. Take Celtic sea salt for example. Its brownish/gray color is your first clue that no minerals have been removed from it. The rosy-pink color of Himalayan crystal salt is another good example of unrefined salt.
Another thing to consider about sea salt is that it is mined from the sea and oceans. With many toxic poisons like mercury, dioxin and PCBs being dumped into our waters these days, as well as oil spills, the water in which sea salt is mined is far more polluted than in the past.
Healthy Benefits of Himalayan Crystal Salt
Knowing that processed salt is damaging to your body and sea salt can be as well, let’s explore how Himalayan crystal salt is actually beneficial for your body and your health.
Considered the purest salt on earth, Himalayan salt crystals contain 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body. Because it’s been maturing for over 250 million years in a location with zero exposure to the outside environment, it is clean of all toxins and impurities. It is hand-mined and hand-washed; is immune to the electromagnetic fields which surrounds us; contains no environmental pollutants; and has no limited shelf life, eliminating the need for silica packs to reduce clumping.
Himalayan crystal salt has many health benefits including:
- Regulating and controlling the water levels in your body to ensure proper functioning.
- Encourages optimal pH levels in your cells and in your brain.
- Maintains the amounts of chemicals and electrolytes needed for bodily functions.
- Balances blood sugar levels.
- Aids in reducing the signs of aging.
- Improves digestion of food within the intestinal tract.
- Helps aid vascular health.
- Supports a healthy respiratory system.
- Reduces respiratory problems and promotes sinus health.
- Reduces muscle cramps.
- Increases bone strength.
- Encourages healthy sleeping patterns.
- Encourages a healthy libido.
- When combined with water, it can help regulate blood pressure.
Using Himalayan salts in your drinking water or bath can provide relaxation, relief, detoxification, and essential body nourishment. It also improves circulation which helps combat Fibromyalgia, lung problems, allergies, and rejuvenates your skin.
For a full body soak, use one cup of Himalayan salt in your bath water and relax for 20-30 minutes. Refrain from towel drying as this will allow your body to absorb the salt’s nutrients and minerals. Resting for 15-20 minutes after your bath is recommended.
Another healthy option is drinking a glass of water mixed with Himalayan crystal salt sole. To make a Himalayan crystal salt sole (water which is fully saturated with the salt without any granules left in the bottom on the glass), please follow this recipe:
- Fill the bottom of a glass jar with one inch of Himalayan salt crystals and add two to three inches of distilled water over the crystals. Cover the mixture with a lid and let stand overnight.
- After all salt crystals are dissolved, add a few more salt crystals to water and let stand overnight again until fully dissolved. Repeat this process until no more salt crystals can be absorbed. The water will then be fully saturated. You should have a few undissolved crystals in the bottom of the jar, proving its saturation. Keep the jar closed as to avoid any evaporation. This sole does not need to be refrigerated and has no shelf life.
- Every morning, before eating or drinking anything in the morning, add one teaspoon of the Himalayan sole to a glass of distilled water and drink. By doing this, your body will keep the energetic vibration pattern of the crystal sole for 24 hours.
Though Himalayan salt crystals have not yet been scientifically tested, this salt has been used for medicinal baths and spas since at least 300 B.C. In ancient times, it was known “white gold” and “king salt” and was the choice of royalty, leaving the commoners to use sea salt and rock salt. In these modern times, it is referred to as the “salt of life.”
Insider’s Health Exclusive –>>: Click Here to Find out The ONE “Weird Trick” that reduces your terminal disease risk by OVER 70% (and NONE of us are doing it)
Group, Dr. Edward. “The Benefits of Himalayan Salt Natural Health & Organic Living Blog.” The Benefits of Himalayan Salt Natural Health & Organic Living Blog. GHC – Global Healing Center, 15 May 2009. Web. 29 May 2012. <https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/himalayan-crystal-salt-benefits/>
“”The 13 Amazing Health Benefits of Himalayan Crystal Salt, the Purest Salt on Earth”” Products.mercola.com. Web. 29 May 2012. <https://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/>.
Adams, Mike. “Why Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt Is so Much Better for Your Health than Processed Table Salt.” Why Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt Is so Much Better for Your Health than Processed Table Salt. Natural News, 5 May 2010. Web. 29 May 2012. <https://www.naturalnews.com/028724_Himalayan_salt_sea.html>.
Ingvolstad, Walt. “Benefits of Himalayan Salt, Himalayan Salt versus Sea Salt.” Benefits of Himalayan Salt, Himalayan Salt versus Sea Salt. Solay Wellness, Inc. Web. 29 May 2012. <https://www.natural-salt-lamps.com/salt.html>.
“Benefits of Salt in Your Diet.” Benefits of Salt in Your Diet. Natural Health International, 2008. Web. 29 May 2012. <https://www.himalayancrystalsalt.com/health-benefits.html>.