Want to Lose Weight Quickly? We'll Show You How
Weight loss is one of those things that just about everyone would like to accomplish overnight. Unfortunately, once the weight loss “bug” bites, many people embark upon starvation diets and other drastic weight loss programs that can have an adverse impact upon their health. Some methods are even downright dangerous. If you’re interested in shedding a few pounds, you can do it safely and effectively . . . and still do it rather quickly. Keep reading for five safe and easy ways to lose weight fast.
If you’re looking to lose weight in a short amount of time for whatever reason (two words: “class reunion”), here are five different ways with which you can accomplish your goal while still staying healthy. They work best if done in combination and within the guidelines provided. However, you may find that you need to make a few adjustments to suit your individual requirements. For example, if you plan on exercising for more than an hour a day, you may need to increase your calories by at least one hundred.
The 5 Ways to Lose Weight Fast:
1. Cut your calories by 1000 - If you normally eat 2,200 calories in a day, you should get it down to 1,200 calories. To stay healthy, you should not go below this level as your body does need a certain minimum amount for optimum functioning. Instead, make every calorie count by making smart food choices.
2. Divide your food into several snacks a day - By eating smaller meals more often, you’ll keep your metabolism revving all throughout the day. Instead of three big meals, split your calories into 6 small meals, placed evenly apart.
3. Do cardio for at least one hour every day - Whether it’s walking, jogging, or biking, getting an hour-long workout is a great way to burn tons of calories. Just make sure you’re working at an intensity that raises your heart rate to its optimal level. To maximize the effect of your cardio workout, practice interval training. Interval training consists of short periods of intense activity interspersed by moderate activity repeated several times throughout your workout.
4. With every spare minute you have, do something active - Even if you are sitting at a desk, you can fidget around, lift your legs, kick them out, stretch out your arms, or rotate your wrists and ankles. Studies have shown that people who fidget burn more calories than those who are sedentary.
5. Get 8 hours of sleep every night - Getting adequate sleep keeps your metabolism working at an optimal level. Several studies have shown that there’s a link between lack of sleep and obesity. Moreover, you tend to snack much more when you are awake late at night. Give your body the sleep it needs, and it will give you more energy to work out even harder and longer the next day.
As with any other weight loss program, you should drink plenty of water and monitor yourself. For instance, if you feel too weak and tired to get on with your daily chores the next day, you may need to increase your caloric intake. Never stay on a restrictive diet in the long term without a doctor’s or nutritionist’s permission and supervision.