Doctor, Dr. Toni Galardi, offers advice on preparing for economic loss and steps for using this rough economic climate for positive change.
Thriving, Not Just Surviving, an Economic LifeQuake™
The recent events at Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns have dangerously mirrored the historic market crash of 1929. The economy is in a sad state and it’s no secret: the dollar continues to suffer overseas while Americans keep their wallets tight domestically, real estate continues to plummet and the unemployment rate is affecting all strata of Americans. Loaded words like bankruptcy and financial crisis have been thrown around by the media. Keeping optimistic and viewing this unstable time as an opportunity for positive transformation is a challenge for most.
Dr. Toni Galardi, aka The LifeQuake™ Doctor, has developed seven steps for preparing for economic loss and, ultimately, using this is an opportunity for positive change in your life:
1) Mastering the first stage of a LifeQuake™ requires developing the power of observation. Greed blinds people from seeing when a bull market is beginning its decline.
Developing keen observation allows you to anticipate when the tide is turning in the market.
2) Take an inventory of what is now ‘DEFUNCTIONAL’ and get rid of it. What aspects of your life are you spending money on that are no longer life giving?
3) Detach. What are you holding on to that could bring loss or crisis to your life? Let go of unneeded things before you are forced to.
4) After your life has gone through the radical change you feared, there is an opportunity to examine what security means to you. What beliefs do you hold about yourself that are being challenged by economic loss?
5) Design the new blueprint. We need to design our psyche so we have emotional retrofitting that helps us adapt to the rapid changes of 21st century. Create a lifestyle that has simplicity in both good and bad times.
6) Practice an attitude that every loss has opportunity within it.
7) When we fear future loss in the middle of an economic crisis, stress can lower your immunity to illness. Declare that you and those close to you are going to come out of this stronger, healthier, and happier people.
Dr. Toni Galardi is a columnist, public speaker, and licensed psychotherapist who coined the term LifeQuake™ to help individuals reframe crisis as an opportunity for rebirth. Her book The LifeQuake™ Phenomenon is due out in the Spring of ’09. Her website is LifeQuake.net She is available for phone consults and public speaking by calling 310-712-2600.